Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A week under my belt...



Well, it's crazy to think just a week and a few days I had just arrived here. it feels much longer... in a good way. Returning back to the EOC has a 'returning home' kinda feel to it this time around. Alot less awkward, alot less questions, and i was quickly reminded of the warmth and energy of the EOC.
Scott, the director of EOC, asked me today 'so what do you think of the craziness around here?'. I immediately responded, "i thrive in it!" It reminds me of that same pulse and organized chaos of camp life... something is always happening, there's always someone who needs a question answered, there's always something that needs to be done, and about ten distractions before getting around to it. I love living in community tho... i think its how God intended us to live. maybe not in a dorm style - camp residence type living... but in the sense that we are to eat together, worship together, serve together, share everything you have together... so that no one is in need. I get a glimpse of that when Im here at EOC. And it energizes me. It's got its stresses too and I know I need to work on setting some bounderies and time to rest, but its definitly been going well and Im feeling more and more settled as the days go on. Im remembering all the ins and outs and how to answer the 87 questions i get a day... Im enjoying my staff of interns who are incredible servants and who really need little direction... and Im loving connecting and reconnecting with the phenominal team of staff here at EOC. It's a priveledge to serve alongside them.
As i get more settled, I hope to be able to post more regularly, not just the ongoings of the day but that you can journey with me in what im learning and experiencing down here. So stay tuned.

re: top photo: rockin' out at chapel to Los Pollos! bottom photo: my intern crew at the circus!

blessings to you all!
and oh! Happy Canada day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Friend
Thinking about you so I thought I'd check out yer blog--I'm glad that you're feeling as settled as you are in the chaos--you were made for this! Keep the posts coming.
Love
Beans