Saturday, June 21, 2008

And so the next chapter begins...

Well, its funny how quickly things can change in just a few days.
I spent just a few days ago, packing up my life into a uhaul, spending special moments with my dear friends and youth, and then after a few hours of flying across the states into san diego... suddenly Im in another world...
It was a long, but smooth travel day. After spending the afternoon running errands for the camp in San Diego, we arrived at EOC in the evening on Friday. It was exciting to see all the changes at the site, and great to catch up with Scott and remind myself why I was excited to be apart of this ministry. Because admittedly, I had a few moments in those first few hours thinking "what am I doing here! take me back!", as i thought of friends, youth, and community I was leaving behind but here I sit in my sweet new place, and it already feels like home.
Saturday included staff meetings, a taco run, unpacking, pizza diagonal!, and a chillax movie night with the rest of the staff. Sunday I hope to enjoy some QT on the beach, and work on my chapel teachings... and then Monday, the chaos begins! But am looking forward to seeing the rest of the staff again too!
I have a deep sense of peace, calm, as well as anticipation and eagerness to see what this next chapter is really going to look like.... i know i can't just race again and read the end of the story, i gotta watch it unfold page and page...

2 comments:

maja said...

nice header photo :)
brings back great memories ...

cait said...

glad you are there safe and feel at home already.
ANNNDD I'm a tad jealous that you're having QT on the beach!
Looking forward to more updates!