Saturday, July 14, 2007

the week 2 mark...

here's a post i put on the EOCYugo blog....(www.eocyugo.blogspot.com)

hola from a newbie Canadian staff here at EOC. It's the 2 week anniversary of the three Ontario-ites that joined the staff team here. My role is a pretty sweet one - host the groups; connect with the groups, leaders, youth; lead chapels & worship; a 'go-to' gal; hang out and mentor some incredibly fantastic interns, and a favorite - cruise around to the sites with mi amigo Marvin as he takes video... It's really a pretty awesome job!

So i get to see so many different sides of this rich ministry. Leading chapel, I get to see youth worship and draw close to God. Hanging out with interns & staff, I am reminded of what Christ centered community is all about. Chatting with our national workers, I am humbled and inspired everyday. And Thursday I was reminded of yet another reason why I was here.
It was dedication day, and I hadn't yet made it to a dedication of a house yet. I had incredible memories of this moment when I have brought teams down from my church, but had forgotten the power of that moment. Sitting off to the side, I was quickly overwhelmed seeing these young jr high kids attempt to find words to capture the moment.... watching a mother clutch her young child as she holds back tears of joy... praying with a pastor as he blesses their new home... catching a glimpse into a moment of that hope and future God promises his children (Jer 29:11).

so another week down and another showering down of God's love and power in and thru this place....
continue to lift up EOC in your prayers!

blessings
'mama rho'

1 comment:

Pat and Ali said...

Hello there Miss Rhonda!! Glad to see that God has blessed you in your work down in Mexico.

Just wanted you to know that you are remembered and loved by all our Clan here in Ottawa. We appreciate your updates here on the travel blog and look forward to hearing more.

xoxo Ali :)