Wednesday, January 6, 2010

.2010.

I haven't always loved making resolutions. Mainly b/c I fail miserably on them. But I feel that this past fall has already been building up and beginning some new habits in my life, and Ive been working toward some goals that I need and want to be intentional on this upcoming season.
So Im gonna copy a few friends (like this one) and try and attempt at a "my 10 in 2010".
Here we go. (in no particular order)

1. explore more of Mexico. visit at least three other cities/states.
2. improve my spanish skills. study periods two times a week.
3. do better at communicating and connecting with my friends, encouragers, and supporters back home. (this includes blogging!). Develop a team of folks in Canada to help with this.
4. continue to take care of myself. keep running/exercising every morning. improve diet.
5. manage my money better. be more aware/organized with my finances. and develop a plan to tackle my school debt.
6. continue to invest in sharing life with Scott y Ana and the team at EOC... in all our messiness and realness.
7. call my mom more.
8. share time weekly with some dear sisters... journeying together, challenging one another.
9. dare to be "girly" sometimes.
10. procrastinate less. especially in personal life details.

Some are lofty goals... some are tangible and completely doable if i just take action. Its funny b/c I can be very organized and make things happen in my work life, but can fall so short in personal areas.
This year I want to take action. I feel this fall has been a wrestling, intangible, reflective space. Its been hard. beautiful. and enlightening. This stage is far from over (ever...).
But when I left for Canada I was given a challenge... to take time away and return ready to take action. Ready to make some changes. Im nervously excited.
This year I want to be in love with Jesus more. I didn't include goals like "reading the bible more" or "improve prayer life" b/c really at the core of this has to be a motivation to simply be with Jesus. I pray this stirs up more and more for me this year.
This year I want to to nurture new gifts of the spirit... and restore some that I have neglected. I want my character to overflow in joy. patience. and gentleness. Not cynicism, judgmentalism, or selfishness.

Phew. I guess when you write it all down like that, it really does seem lofty. But this year more than ever Im ready - no, willing, to make this year a good one. And I suppose I just made myself a whole lot of accountability in sharing it with you all.

thanks for your support friends. in every which way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

This is my first post I'd like to congratulate you for such a great made forum!
Just thought this is a nice way to introduce myself!

Sincerely,
Hilary Driscoll
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/golf-party-supplies.html]golf Party Supplies[/url].