Saturday, April 11, 2009

.rescued.

i admit my approach to easter and holy week was far from holy. with having our biggest week of the year hit easter, good friday only meant 'it was a good friday because the teams were leaving and i get to sleep!'. i hardly thought about what it really meant.
but i am thankful for moments when God rescued me from my business to open my eyes to see his glory. his resurrection. his beauty. and isn't that what easter is really about?

things i had perhaps seen or heard many times before, touched my heart in new ways this week.
...talking to a single mother of 5 kids. whose husband left her for another women two streets over, who still returns to her house when he's drunk and beats the kids. my heart ached. that motivating ache.
...driving through the lush green hills and mountains... which that day seemed brighter and clearer
... hearing the excitement of our first mexican 'intern', Sandra, be empowered and passionate about serving her fellow Mexican brother and sisters in need. in hearing her desire to stir up the youth in her church to step outside the church and change their country.
... listening to youth talk about changing the world. and having their heart changed in the process.
... being encouraged. supported. prayed for. and hugged by friends and teammates.
... driving around with Marvin (our video guy) and a new friend Billy (a talented and passionate photographer) talking about their perspective of the world behind their lens.
simple things that reminded me of God's presence in this world. today. now. in my life.

and last night a few friends gathered together to share in communion. Good Friday was always one of my favorite services at my church, and knew I needed to take some time to stop. think. reflect. so we gathered in scott & ana's living room, candles lit, a guitar, some wine & bread... reading scriptures... remembering Jesus's words... listening... worshiping.

God has rescued us. And he is still in the process of rescuing us from the mess of this world. And he wants us to help.
And I am so glad He rescued me this week from allowing business and 'ministry' to rob me of His beauty.

Happy Easter.
Christ has risen. He has risen indeed.

3 comments:

janelle said...

Rhonda, God is so good, isn't he?

cait said...

loved your post rhonda! looking forward to seeing you in a few short weeks!!
xo c

Anonymous said...

Hi way is always gentle Rhonda. He gently breaks our heart for those he loves that suffer. I figure that when he lets that happen, he is letting me work with him in this process of renewal. That is too cool to be a team player with the Creator.
hope to see you soon, love you lots
tori