Sunday, August 26, 2007

...well...


Well, it's midnight on Sunday night. My last sleep here in Ensenada, Mexico. Myself and the other Bdot crew are rolling out to San Diego for the day and night, and then fly home Tuesday.

I don't really know if i can really write much at this time. Im not sure i have any wise epiphanies for you all yet... i think most of my reflections and ponderings will come most when i return home to the bustle of Burlington, the north american 'church life', quickly bombarded with 'stuff', but also embracing the comforts of familiar faces, a language I speak, and a community i love. It's bitter sweet indeed....

it's definitely been sad saying the goodbyes the last week or so - sharing community, ministry, and a home like here at EOC draws people together. Diverse people of different ages, personalities, and nationalities - but a unity I only see in Christ. What a blessing it has been to meet every single ones of these brothers and sisters... I wish you could all have the chance to live and work alongside them b/c i know you would be blessed like i was... but i'll be back - and perhaps next time you'll join me!

but I am so grateful for my community back home too. my church. my friends. my family. for supporting me and encouraging me as i ventured out for this wee chapter of my life. I could not have done it without your support - financially and prayerfully! Gracias! I look forward to the next chapter of the journey - sharing my experience with you, sharing with you the hearts and passion of these brothers and sisters here in Mexico, sharing with you my photos and stories, sharing with you what i've learned.

so like i said - i dont have much to say...??!! (when am i not wordy and rambling... come on!) But i will continue to post and share with you on this lil' bloggy thingy. I'll try and post more pictures too (for all you folks who haven't been able to check them out/stalk us on facebook. )
So keep posted as a come on back to the mother land!

thanks again my friends.
and adios.
Rhonda
(aka Mamma Rho)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.