Saturday, June 20, 2009

.one year.

I can't believe its already the summer camp season. I can't believe it's technically a year ago that i moved down here semi-permanently after leaving my church job and life in Ontario. So weird. One year. Some ways its gone so fast. In other ways, so much has happened.

This month has been a rich one for me. in a subtle kind of way.
I really enjoy that teams are in again and that the camp is woken up, and we're in full motion. I have actually kinda liked the slower start to things, the smaller teams (aside from its repercussions). It's been a month where I too, like the camp, am feeling 'woken up'. I remember having a conversation with Ana last fall about why i thought God lead me here. I think its partly b/c i have gifts to offer, its partly b/c i crave community living and ministry like this, but I know it is partly too b/c God has some specific things He wanted me to work on, think about, ponder, change... I think that season is emerging for me. Some things I look back on in my year here and see growth, change, and positive impact. Other areas I know still need attention, conviction, and surrender. My eyes need to continue to be opened. My heart continued to be stirred. My spirit continued to be woken up. I know it is in these moments, these awarenesses that God meets with us intimately.

On a more tangible note... a few highlights this past few weeks have been...
+ My dear friend Cait just came to visit for the week and it was INCREDIBLE to share life and ministry with her. She is a joy.
+ Prayer & worship night with the staff
+ Watching new teams experience their week with open hearts and innocence. a beautiful thing.
+ The Holy Spirit
+ Helping pour a cement floor for our security guard Damiana. like real work. with sweat and dirt and stuff. Felt good.
+ Las Canadas staff trip

rodolfo. cooking. with a stick.

some of my fearless and fabulous interns!

No comments: