Wednesday, May 14, 2008

im leaving on a jet plane...

So, there ya go.
Im moving to mexico! It doesn't quite seem real yet. the reality of leaving my youth, my friends, my community, my comforts haven't quite sunk in yet. I still feel a lot of excitement and peace throughout it all - even the moments of uncertainty and fear of the unknowns. It's been an amazing couple months, sharing in the lives of my youth and watching in the impact one week in Mexico had on so many of these young people (and leaders!). As June comes closer and closer, the grieving and sadness start to pick up as well. This church community has been my family, my life, my everyday for so many years.... it will be hard to let it go.
Not to mention my friends and family and personal life (is there really such thing when you work at a church?!) I think its comforting to know that I will be back in september and october to just get to hang out with them. these last few months have been so busy wrapping things up at the church and closing that chapter of my life up. But my friends - they will continue on through the next chapters of life's journeys...
So June 15 is my last sunday. June 20 - August 20 (ish) I return to Mexico to resume my duties as camp host, intern leader, and whatever else Scott has up his sleeve! I will return to Southern Ontario to kick around, raise support, and figure out what it takes to live and move to another country. Ill return to EOC again in november for an indefinite period of time... 8 months...a year... more... who knows...
so how's that for an update?
be sure to keep reading as this new journey gets more exciting and blog-post-worthy!

No comments: